Archimedes Screw Generator
- All the benefits of existing Archimedes Screw technologies.
- Suited to heads of 1-4m with fl ows of 300-900l/s (greater in parallel operation.
- Durable toughened plastic Triple Helix: lightweight, non-corroding, economical.
- Potential to generate 25Kw/screw @ 75%+ water to wire effi ciency.
- Turbine manufactured in UK, easily transported and installed with minimal civil works.
- The screw itself is integral with the outer cylinder and the whole assembly rotates together, as a result no water is lost and a greater amount of available energy is generated.
- The screw is supported on a central shaft which rotates on bearings on a simple chassis fi xed at 22˚. This chassis carries the generator and stepup gearbox.
- The chassis is mounted on four fixed points that are installed to channel floor.
- The screw is supplied with a regen drive and control system to harvest the generated energy in a safe and controlled manner.